According to New Product Innovation expert Dr. Robert G. Cooper, one of the most important ways to win at product innovation – effective portfolio management and making the right investment decisions – is missing in most firms. He has studied top product development firms around the world and his research has identified common weak points that can be sourced to the product portfolio management process.
Did you know that…
- 76% of businesses have too many development projects for the limited resources available – projects are greatly under-resourced! So they take too long.
- 81% of businesses have unbalanced portfolios – far too many ‘small’ projects.
- Almost 90% of businesses have “few or no” high value projects in their development pipelines.
- Three-quarters of businesses confess to “poor project prioritization”.
- And less than one-quarter of businesses have an effective portfolio management system in place.
Dr. Cooper is working with Management Roundtable to provide an intensive two-day seminar that focuses on strategic portfolio management – how to develop your product innovation strategy, and then how to use that strategy to make better development investment decisions. It is based on principles outlined in his two popular books: Winning at New Products – Creating Value Thru Innovation and Portfolio Management for New Product Development.